My name is Emerline Ji. (Eh-merlin • Jee)
I'm a writer, digital producer, and strategist based in New York City. This blog is where I share my latest thoughts, projects, travels, learnings, experiences, and more. It's my way of keeping friends and family far away in the loop.
Originally from California, I now live and work in Brooklyn. I moved to NYC in January 2016 to work with the people, organizations, and companies I'd admired from afar. Uprooting my life and moving to this city has led me to personal and professional experiences that I wouldn't trade for anything.
I joined the CreativeMornings HQ team in the fall of 2016. Beyond my lovely job in Brooklyn, I blog, dance, travel, and produce fun content whenever I can. You can find me updating my whereabouts and daily happenings on my Instagram account.
- My first name is a hybrid of Emerald + Katherine. I have yet to meet a person in real life with the same name as me.
- I grew up vegetarian, but am no longer one. Although... I can't get myself to cook or eat meat inside my home. It's kind of odd.
- I'm Korean American and speak the language fluently. I lived and studied abroad in Seoul from 2012 - 2013. I visit frequently.
- World travel and the outdoors were a big part of my upbringing. I consider myself more of a slow traveler than a jet setter.
- Two friends and I started a website called Seoul Tribe. It's a creative lifestyle blog about our love for Korean culture, media, and more.
- My brother is an adventurer and photographer. We're in the midst of starting a creative venture together called Wentworthy.